Imagine being back on the running trails
in 6 short weeks
without the confusion of how to start, nervousness that you're doing it wrong & without the fear that you might make something worse.
If you’re a brand new mom, toddler mama or even a super prepared mom-to-be looking to return to running safely, while confidently building smart & sustainable strength, then you already know this…. you need to start back to running the "right" way.
You've done the research & you want to get back to running the safest way possible. You know that running too soon without enough preparation isn't what you want for your postpartum body. Maybe you went back too fast the last time, regretted it & you promised yourself, this time is going to be different.
You are in the right place mama, & this program was meant for you.
By the end of this program,
you will have…
A Tailored Return to Run Plan You Can Stick ToYou'll know your ideal running & exercise volume week-by-week that will get you to your goals. No matter if you workout daily or you can only carve out once each week, no mommy guilt trips; promise! This program was built for moms by a mom.
Stronger Core & HipsWeekly essential progressive strength exercises will get you stronger whether you're able to workout 1 or 3x each week! No special equipment or space needed & kid friendly! Workouts are concise & efficient! (Not 17,000 exercises that don't work!)
A Solid Foundation for Your Pelvic FloorImpact training is included each week, perfect if you're navigating leakage, pelvic organ prolapse or other pressure management issues. AND NO, I don't mean kegels! We're going to move!
Confidence You're Taking the Right StepsWith our Resource Library & expert interviews on topics like hormones, breastfeeding, running gear & pelvic floor issues, you'll return to running with all systems in balance!
Knowledge That You're Learning From the ExpertDr. Carrie has 30+ years of running experience, 20+ years as a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist & has returned to running, CrossFit & yoga after 2 babies. She's stood in your shoes, unsure of where to start, made & learned from common mistakes. She has problem solved through prolapse, leakage & diastasis recti herself & with hundreds of postpartum women. Dr. Carrie developed a realistic Postpartum Return to Run plan that works so you can simply get back to what you love; running!
"Dr. Carrie helped me get back to the active life that I was missing so much! I’m able to de-stress with workouts, chase my child around the yard, and go for runs again without leaking. Things I never thought I’d be able to do again. "
Shh...I'm going to let you in on a little secret
Returning to run can be super easy if you have a good plan; but it can be incredibly challenging too. Between feedings, lack of sleep & just plain life, it can be hard to figure out where to start..& keep going! Throw in some new sensations in your lady parts & abs that have gone MIA, getting back to running is like a blind date; you're happy to be out there but don't know what you're in for!
This course will take you step-by-step implementing your plan that works for YOU! You'll go from feeling confused & anxious about the right way to return to run, to feeling strong & prepared! You'll experience confidence knowing you're rebuilding a smart, sustainable foundation to run in the years to come!
My pelvic floor issues are under control & I know what I need to do to stay well going forward. I have recommended Dr. Carrie to many of my mom friends & encourage post-partum moms to connect as well!
I have strengthened my musculature substantially I'm ready to keep going on my own! I am hopeful & feel greater confidence in regaining my abilities. Throughout, Dr. Carrie has been a great coach & has been so wonderful in making it easy to relax, feel respected & cared for during the process!
Dr. Carrie encouraged me to exercise, but never made me feel guilty when I hadn't been consistent. I have progressed so well & I am very grateful for her! This was a game-changer for my family & my quality of life!
What’s Inside The Real Moms' Guide to Postpartum Return to Run
We can't change what we don't notice. This is where we lay it all out, find where we need help & make a plan that sets us up to succeed. Whether it's working around feeding schedules, managing pelvic floor symptoms or setting up childcare in advance, having a concrete plan (with backup plans) will ensure you will return to running the way you had envisioned!
We get honest here about where you are physically, mentally & what resources you need lined up before you get started:
- 10 Step Return to Run Readiness Physical Screen
- Red & Yellow Flag Warning Signs for Pelvic Floor, Abs & Pelvis
- Set Your Goals & What Do You Need to Make It Happen
Set Your Plan
A goal without a plan is just a wish! You'll use information from Module 1 to make your plan that is realistic for YOUR body, the time & resources YOU have & what YOU want to accomplish. Your plan will be concise (no CVS receipt length list of exercises here!) & easy to accomplish with the time that you have. Forget the mom guilt!
You will set your starting point for:
- Your Specific Training Plan Keeping You Consistent, Symptom & Injury-Free
- Your Individual Core Strength Exercises Specifically for Running
- Run/Walk Training Program That Meets Your Time/Ability Needs
Let's be honest...sometimes it feels like the entire world is trying to keep you from your run & workout! Action without reflection leads to burn-out...& mommy guilt! This is where we get smart & make sure that you keep going. What's working? What's not? Time to tweak the plan for reality!
Once the hype & endorphins of the first few weeks are over, we need to amp up the good stuff & figure out where we need more help:
- Body Check-in (Any aches, pains, injuries, pelvic floor symptoms)
- Logistics Check-in (schedule changes, childcare/work)
- How to keep going during holidays/vacations & unplanned hiccups (illness, sleep regression, etc.)
Re-Group, Re-Focus, Re-Commit
Life happens. We fall behind, get caught up & we lose focus. Fear of not knowing where or how to start again can keep you from actually getting back on track. With running, picking up where you left off a few weeks or months ago might mean a sudden injury or symptom; leaving you lost, confused & unsure what to do.
It's not about how we fell off from running & working out, it's about how we start again! (You'll get better at starting over each & every time...cause it WILL happen!)
- How to Get Back When Life Changes
- Re-Starting Workouts Without Getting Injured
- Re-Committing to Your Refreshed Plan
Consistency & Progression
When is it ok to start training like you used to? Whether this is your first postpartum return to run or it didn't go well when you tried it before, there's always a little voice in the back of your head wondering when you'll "feel normal" again: Is it safe to push harder? Will I mess something up? Everything is going so well & how do I make sure I don't lose that?
Be confident in knowing when you can do more, when you should hold back & when can you stop worrying if you'll have pelvic floor symptoms or risk injury.
- Progress Your Training Runs in a Smart Way, Reducing Your Chances of Injury or Symptoms
- Progress Your Strength Program to Focus on Where You Need the Most Work
- Refresh Logistics to Match Your Progressing Training Program & Meet Your Goals
Reflect, Celebrate & What's Next?
You did it! You took the time to establish the habits, change the things that needed changing & you met your goal. Time to celebrate...but now what?
It's time to re-assess, high-five the wins, but also double-down on where you need to keep working to make sure you don't slide backwards! There's no better time to set the next goal as when you finish the last!
- Post-Body Screen: See How Far You've Come (& Focus On What You Still Need to Do)
- Why You Can't Let Core Go (sorry mama- strength & core exercises are here to stay! We'll keep it simple & fun!)
- What's Next: Making Your Next Successful Training, Race or Baby Plan
When you enroll during this special, limited time period,
The Real Moms' Guide to Postpartum Return to Run
(A $397 Value)
6 Weekly Modules
Step-by-step guide to building foundational strength, progressing your running dosage & ensuring you keep on track even with all the changes that come with being a mom.
Private Facebook GroupYou're not alone! Post your questions, wins & how you're staying accountable! Prefer to watch than post? Get inspired by other moms DOING THE THING! There's nothing like being with mamas who love running as much as you do!
A Real Plan that you'll ACTUALLY DO!In the 1st 10 days, you'll have YOUR intentionally constructed plan in action, with YOUR baby/toddler's needs built-in. This isn't a generic Couch to 5k!
2 EXTRA Guided Implementation WeeksWorried about consistency over the holidays? We've got that covered with strategies to work through travel, holidays & unexpected hiccups. Accountability & cheerleading included!
Plus These Bonuses to Help You Return to Run Confident, Safe & Strong!
(A $543 Value)
Weekly LIVE Q&A with Dr. Carrie
Have an expert at your fingertips for those burning questions!
(A $197 Value)
What You’ll Get:
Each week, have Dr. Carrie answer your questions about your return to run journey!
- Get LIVE guidance from one of the top experts in postpartum return to run in the US!
- Not able to make the LIVE? Post your questions in advance. There's always a replay!
- Tap into Dr. Carrie's worldwide resources of local trainers, Physical Therapists, coaches & postpartum experts, helping you find the answers you need to keep running!
Load It Up Finishing BONUS
Got strong? Now get stronger! Enjoy this bonus as a next step after you complete your 1st 6 weeks!
(A $99 Value)
What You’ll Get:
Add some load to your workouts once you finish the R2R program.
- Step-by-step introduction to adding weights to your workouts (You'll be stronger & faster! Promise!)
- 4 additional weeks of strength training programming including beyond-bodyweight workouts
- 1st comes babies, next comes perimenopause? Guidance integrating load into training as you prepare for bone changes with perimenopause. (Yup, always looking ahead!)
Technique Lab BONUS
Top tips that reduce potential for injury caused by your running form.
(A $247 Value)
What You’ll Get:
If you think you look like Phoebe from "Friends" when you run OR if you're worried your running form wasn't great before getting pregnant & you're ready to finally clean up your technique, you'll absolutely love this Bonus!
- Easy, evidence based running form changes to help you run to reduce impact on joints (& your organs!)
- Stroller running technique guide, perfect if you're new to running with a jog stroller (it's VERY different than regular running!)
- Injury screening tips: If aches & pains do come up, guidance on quick triage & how to get help ASAP to get you back on the trails fast.
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you’re on the fence…Or if other postpartum return to exercise programs have left you skeptical…Then I want to give you EVERY opportunity to put The Real Moms’ Guide to Postpartum Return to Run into action and experience how easy and exciting it can actually be to have a postpartum plan that you can realistically do & see the results as you get back on the trails!
I’m giving you a full 14 days to go through the training, keep up with the modules, implement the strategies, and get moving on your postpartum running dreams!
I’m SO confident that if you implement what you learn inside of Postpartum R2R you’ll get stronger & get safely back to running. The only thing you have to do is suspend your disbelief and give it a chance. You have nothing to lose and only strength and miles to gain.
For more details, HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
What moms have asked before signing up for The Real Moms' Guide to Postpartum Return to Run
I don't have time to add one more thing to my "to do" list
I've run for years before having a baby. What is there to learn?
Isn't running bad for postpartum moms?
Isn't a couch to 5k enough?
I saw my OB for my 6 week checkup. She said I'm good to go. Why do I need anything else?
How does the course work?
What if I can't make the program work for my hectic schedule?
Can you remind me of everything I’m getting when I sign up today?
I can’t wait for you to join The Real Moms' Guide to Postpartum Return to Run
As a life-long runner & a Women's Health Physical Therapist for years, I had a hard time finding guidance on what I needed to do to get back to running safely after having my son. All I could find were long lists of exercises & Couch to 5k programs that weren't going to work with my schedule as a new mom. Everything I knew about getting back to running failed to take into consideration my new normal of sleep loss, my job as a milk machine & making up for the strength I lost during pregnancy.
This program was created so you don't have to struggle make a plan & find solid resources like I did. If you're ready to get back to running in a smart way that is realistic for moms (without the guilt trip), you're in the right place.
If you've done the work, have your plan to show for it but not the results after 14 days; your money back, no questions asked.
Grab your running shoes. The time is now.
Still thinking about it?
The Real Moms' Guide to Postpartum Return to Run is PERFECT for you if…
- You've been cleared by your OB at 6 weeks & you want to get back to running the right way
- You've had your 2nd (or 3rd!) & you definitely pushed it too hard after your 1st. This time will be different.
- You've never shied away from putting in the hard work, but mom brain has unexpectedly left you lost & unsure where to start.
- You worked hard until now to stay strong. You're excited to do more so you can be the active mom you'd hoped you'd be.
- You're afraid running might make your diastasis recti, prolapse or leakage worse; but you know there's a path forward.
- You know that in a few short weeks, with some smart training, your individualized return to run plan will have you back on the trails like you planned!
- You're ready to lace up, build a solid foundation & commit to safely returning to running after baby.